Friday, January 22, 2010

CoffeeCoffeeCoffee

I'm one of those people who likes to smell coffee but doesn't really enjoy drinking it. Husband, however, has coffee flowing through his veins. So when we started dating, Husband encouraged me to try some different kinds of coffee to see if he could spread his disease to me. It didn't work exactly as he planned. I still don't like black coffee. However, I do like coffee flavored things and some types of coffee with flavor shots and stuff in them. Husband calls it "yuppie coffee". I call it tasty.

Husband is a coffee snob and likes to buy really good coffee and grind it at home and use the french press. He almost never drinks the entire press himself so whenever he has some left over I steal it and experiment.

Tonight Husband made some Starbucks Christmas Blend and I took about about 3/4 of a mug and added about 2 tbs of Ghirardelli Peppermint Hot Cocoa Mix (a Christmas present from a little girl at the preschool I work at!) and a little milk. YUM!

Anyone else like to doctor their coffee like me? Any good ideas?

2 comments:

  1. Here's an idea: drink it black.

    HA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband would say that... YUCK! I also cannot stand to drink it, Brittany. But, unlike you, I am not strong enough to even drink it doctored, so I can't help with creative suggestions. Shea drinks hers almost daily with a bit of original hot chocolate mix.

    ReplyDelete